Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rests ...

Reeks …

The world is my ashtray;
Just for relief as I bray.

Rots …

Absurd may be this link mean to you,
I am still happy as it means something to you;
Rusted, old and weak this chain may be,
But nobody can break it except you and me....

Rackets …

Night has come with desires nameless and many,
She narrates a hundred woes; I listen to her epiphany;
Night untwined, unabashed stripped her cloak,
Pearls scattered as it were; am naked still as I pick.

Some spells in words as she chants;
Alit in my eyes many a lamps,
Some spells in words, you please chant;
But before you could, night has poured out.

Riles …

Ever would I have got real busy;
Ever would if my enigma came easy,
Ever would I consider any one ally;
Never would if my psyche was queasy.

Relegates …

My meaningless prattles were inscribed on flowers
Melting that same history garden in a book of verse
Dedicated to your sweet name
To accompany you in sad lonely hours
Who knew if today,
I By fortunes foul game
Find the hard earth under me
And yourself nowhere!
Our close sitting and silent conversation,
My songs and your smiles,
All were to be left with that moment
Some few wrecks of ecstasy.

Routines …

What did happen, what was the fuss?
I don’t think I gained, but was that a loss?
I used to cry unable to take even an emotional toss,
And yet I am fine when arrows passed my heart across.

Remorses …

I never was or never will be loyal and dependable;
When I say I am going to something – it seldom gets done;
But the oratory attained filled with hopes brings the craze,
Those promises may be lies but the feelings never gone.

Retakes …

Now I see you standing
With brown leaves falling around
And snow in your hair
Now you're smiling out the window
Of that crummy hotel
Over Crossroad Bridge
Our breath comes out white clouds
Mingles and hangs in the air
Speaking strictly for me
We both could have died then and there.

Remnants …

Excited by the brisk winds, symphony of the mind emerged;
Abstaining from fame and luxury a melody it urged;
One being infinite and the other, in heart, it converged;
With songs of rejoice, the world it submerged,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow ... awesome Bro ... especially the last two paras ....what i understood was this ...

"They say that either you are GOOD or BAD. I say "When you are facing a loaded gun, How does it matter?""

Kalu said...

yups ... i wondered for 5-6 hours ... and yeah the quote tells it all ...
nice comprehension :)

pramit bhuyan said...

Asutosh bhai's new face !! looks cool eh !......it feels great when something authentic comes up ...something different than those daily craps ...the format was definitely maverick...you get an Ex for that :)